2011-10-02

The final countdown

By this time tomorrow we will be relaxing in our spacious economy-class seats, while the A-380 brings us safely to our destination. Thank you for flying with Lufthansa... and please enjoy "Bieber Fever" as our inflight entertainment.

Back to the present...
Not so relaxing yet! I am sitting here surrounded by a ton of stuff I am still trying to decide if we will need or not. We still haven't programmed the GPS because it doesn't have power and I don't have a car anymore to charge it (thanks, mom and dad for car-sitting the next three weeks).
Julia is coming over in an hour and I hope we can charge the GPS in her car. I want to program the first hotel, at least. I read the directions on the net and I am confused. Traffic in Miami won't be much better than traffic in L.A., I guess, so a GPS will be a lifesaver.
But at least I have figured out the internet-issue - finally! My iPhone is simlock free, so I can use any kind of prepaid card for unlimited texting, webaccess and phone calls. We will simply hit the first T-Mobile store in Miami and get it all set up. I am still thinking about getting a prepaid wireless usb for my netbook, too. But it might be better to simply prepare the blog posts while we are in the road, offline, and then publish everything when we are at the hotel. I went through all our hotels just now and checked if they offer free wi-fi. They all do.
Unfortunately, most of our hotels don't have on-site gyms. I might have to run while Julia drives the SUV, after all. I hope I won't end up as roadkill. :-)

Anywayyyy, the final countdown had begun. Soon the facebook-community will be able to live in peace again because Julia and I will stop posting non-stop. Of course, ya'll be bored then but that's your problem. You can always check up on us on here. We love comments!

Welcome to our adventure. This roadtrip is going to be EPIC!

3 comments:

  1. Julia aka the other half of this awesomenessOctober 2, 2011 at 12:04 PM

    What!? WE ANNOY people by posting non stop!? What are you talking about - we never do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. still trying to optimize this comment stuff...

    ReplyDelete