2011-10-18

Day Fifteen

Ooookay, I am home now, so you finally get to see allll the pics. I know you are excited! lol
Here we go:

When we finally made it out of the desert (we did drive the Highway 1 but didn't see anyyyything because of the fog),






I saw this and went completely crazy. lol

Finally!! The Golden Gate!!



We had awesome weather and took tons of pics!








I got a bit tanned, dontcha think?
Then we braved the city to find the hotel. Thank God for automatic transmission, the Borrego and us would have never made it without!


We found the hotel, I parallel parked the Borrego on a hill (yay me) and inspected our rooms. No animals, no bedbugs. Thankyouverymuch.


 Returning the Borrego to National was kinda tricky, but as with everything, we handled that pretty well, too.
We almost made it to 6000 kilometers!
We went to have a Burger since we had skipped lunch. This was my first real burger, with cheese.



We shopped a bit and I got to show Julia my mom's fave place: Union Square!




 Surprisingly, it got dark around 7 so we went back to the hotel to chill a bit. Roadtripping is exhausting!!



~~~~~~~

We are at the mall now because apparently the WiFi at the hotel only likes my iPhone, which is worthless for blogging.
So bear with us... I am only uploading some pics to give you an impression.
I will finish the blog at the airport or at home, whenever the internet Gods let me.

This is getting old... the Wifi at the Hotel is acting crazy. Sigh...

Here is the short version, sans pics:

We made it to San Francisco after driving Highway 1 up through the worst fog ever. It cleared up as soon as we reached SF and we got to cross the Golden Gate in the brightest sunshine! It was just like 8 years ago when I was here the first time. We got awesome pics!!
We found our hotel without any big problems, but the streets here are so not fun to drive. It's like a rollercoaster!
Our hotel is okay, so far no bugs but it smells kinda funny. It's right on Geary Street, so the location is perfect. I still know my way around without a map.:-)
After we finally managed to drop off our car, we had the first food for the day - a burger on Market Street, and we shopped. Of course!
Unfortunately it gets dark here pretty early so we went to our hotel around 7. Watching tv now. And catching up on rest. We are soooo tired!!
Tomorrow: Fisherman's Wharf!

No comments:

Post a Comment