2011-10-09

Day Six

Today's post is written by Julia:

And I am not writing from our hotel room but first things first.

We packed our stuff into the back of the car, ice into the cooler, said goodbye to Mobile and hit the road to drive to Biloxi. We were hoping for a nice day at the beach with sun and water and fun. Biloxi was on our way to New Orleans.



When we got to Biloxi (Mississippi) we saw a lot very awesome cars and guess what! People sitting on the side of the road on camping chairs under tents. I am not kidding, hundreds and hundreds of people. No one at the beach but people sitting at the side of the road, drinking and watching THE ROAD!




There is a car auction at the convention center and the street next to the beach was their cat"drive" (aka catwalk for cars). I even saw a black Impala!


But we decided not to sit and watch cars but to walk on the beach. The water was okay, not too warm, the sand was very nice.






We watched a group of people doing some workout on the beach.

I don`t know nothing about that but Bine said that they did it quite wrong and she showed them how it is done. 



We wanted to eat at some nice restaurant not at some fast food place, so we walked along the beach .... and walked ... and walked till we found a place for lunch. We sat on the patio looking at the beach, sun shining at us ... how was the weather in Germany again!?


We both ate red snapper which was served on a piece of wood (for the taste). The food was very yummy, my wood was still smoking and I had to cool it with lime and veggy pieces (didn`t wanted to pour my coke over it).


As a desert I ate a key lime pie which was very good.  Any Dexter fans here? If yes, that pie was yummmmmyyyyy!



Us at the restrooms which were quite colorful.

Bine with her icecream.



The birds were amazing, the flew away from us just to sit down again a few meters away from their first place and then they did it again and again everytime we walked slower.



We walked back at the beach to our car...which was quite some walk. Our tan is amazing and luckily my sundburn is not too bad ;-)
Bine looking at her tan later that day (she looks quite happy with it too).
 


Then we said "Goodbye Mississipi" and "Hello Lousiana".



We arrived at our hotel in New Orleans this afternnoon and now we are getting to the reason why I am not writing this sitting on a bed. I am writing this in a McDonalds next to a sign saying "NO LOITERING TIME LIMIT:30 minutes while consuming food", my awesome roadtrippartner is trying to buy some time for me and my slow writing and has to eat a mcflurry now (which is not florried at all - is that a word!?) Our hotel has no wifi AND the internet (they gave us a cable) is not working. So we had to immigrate to the McDonalds to write our blog. And you cannot open the windows at the hotel and by "not open it" I mean there isn`t even a handle!! Imagine our smelly cigarette room from yesterday!? Good old times, this room smells like an old attic which has no windows but a dead person lying around somewhere (see that happens when you let a Supernatural and crime fan write that blog). We even take a look at another room which was not a bit better (aka less smelly).



Tomorrow will be sightseeing in a city that hadn`t had a good start with us yet - so surprise us New Orleans - PLEASEEEEEE!  

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading :) I guess Julia can tell who I am *laugh*

    I will take the yellow car please :) And wow that bathroom is colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of your problem with your hotel room in New Orleans is all that flooding they always have... I would think it would always be smelly there just from that. :D

    So... Dallas tomorrow? :-(
    That makes me sad. No way I can drive down to Dallas on the 11th. Chris, my son, is landing in Tulsa (ironically from a flight going through Dallas). He is coming home for 2 wks of leave from Afghanistan.... and as much as I want to meet Bine (and you Julia), I really want to see my son also.

    ReplyDelete