2011-10-11

Day Seven

Bonjour, French Quarter!!

After a pretty bad night at our stinky hotel, we got up really early and drove the short distance to the french quarter.
We were pretty much the only tourists there when we arrived, but it filled up very fast.
We strolled through the streets and enjoyed all the different impressions.
Julia was our tourguide and bored me entertained me with endless facts. Remind me to hide her guidebook next time... lol
(Note by Julia: elender Banause!! Sorry english speaking friends, that german word is not translateble. I was really looking forward to N.O. because in my family it is like the holy jazz grail and I was pretty much influenzed by that picture of the city. And I just love historic stuff ...)
(Note J: me with my TOTALLY AWESOME book!)

It was pretty nice since it was not so crowded and the temperature was still bearable.
7 years of brainwashing led us directly to this!!
Sr. Agnes would be soooo proud of us!!:-)

Then it was time for our Steamboat Cruise, which Julia had booked from home (because she obviously hates me and wants to bore me to death thought it would be fun).
(Note J: okay, okay, yeah the tour was kind of a## boring. We drove down the river and so we only saw the industrial harbor. I was hoping to see a little bit more of the city. Damn and that for $50!)
(Note J: tons of germans on the ship. Met people from a group who drive in a bus through the states. And they sleep in the back of the bus! Maybe our hotels aren`t THAT bad!)
It was crazy windy near the water and even worse on the ship.
We got some nice pics of the city,
but the overall conclusion of the trip was like this...
We then went to the Mall
and had an early Birthday Dinner for Julia in the French Quarter (because it was almost her birthday in German Time!!)
 (Note J: I ate seafood gumbo and then shrimps creole - very very very yummy)

before heading to Target to buy Febreze and then to our stinky hole of a hotel, where we sprayed the whole can and still had the feeling like there was a dead body stashed somewhere... ugh.
I can honestly say that New Orleans was not my fave part of the trip. Mainly because of the hotel, but also because I didn't really care for the city itself.
(Note J: The houses were very pretty and I liked the quarter - I have read that the garden district were nice too but we had no time for that. And YES the hotel was horrible)

No comments:

Post a Comment